Charitable registration number: 86032 2445 RR0001
Why we need your support:
- Facilitate artistic composition and rehearsal for concerts
- Acquire a high end concert venue, sound equipment, and technicians
- Cover administrative costs including event promotion
Education and training
- Supplement wages for teaching staff and hire new tabla and dance instructors
- Maintain teaching spaces across Greater Toronto Area
- Further training sessions for Tabla Ensemble musicians and apprentices
Maintenance of community space
- Maintain the Toronto Tabla Ensemble Centre for Indian Arts
- Hold intimate concerts, classes, and workshops
- Facilitate a space for multicultural exchange
What we do:
The Toronto Tabla Ensemble (TTE) was formed by Ritesh Das in 1991 by presenting four of his most highly trained students on stage to an overwhelming response from audiences and music critics. From that point on, the Ensemble became a Canadian icon as it toured around the Canada and the world, recording albums and performing in concerts along the way.
The tabla classes held at the TTE’s three locations provide students with a multifaceted education that includes the technical aspects of playing tabla with an emphasis on the extensive cultural and historical background involved with the art. The most dedicated students are selected to join the pre-professional youth tabla ensemble and are later eligible to join the TTE’s apprenticeship program.
By bringing together the performance and education of this classical Indian art we have built a strong multicultural community of families. Many young students who take on tabla as an extracurricular activity notice a significant improvement in their learning skills, which has led some parents to take lessons themselves and maintain a commitment to their children’s learning.
Who we are:
- As a non-profit organization the TTE consists of artistic director Ritesh Das, teaching staff, administrators, and a board of directors, who mostly contribute as dedicated volunteers.
- The organization’s training of students of all ages and levels creates opportunities for many generations to perform, teach, and create their own art.
- By contributing to the Toronto Tabla Ensemble you can support the stories of people like Shamir, Snehan, Jishnu, and the many more like them to come.
How you can help:
- To help us achieve our goals for this year you can donate to our CanadaHelps drive and receive a tax receipt for one-time and monthly contributions.
- Our ultimate goal is to build an organization which can sustain our artistic and educational activity. You can become a monthly supporter of the Toronto Tabla Ensemble through CanadaHelps thereby joining one of our membership levels, each having its own benefits:
- Donor – $25
Recognition in our annual report
- Patron – $50
Four free concert tickets per year
Recognition in our annual report and on our website
- Benefactor – $100
Receive guest passes to all TTE concerts
All of the above benefits
- Partner – $200
Have your name featured on the wall of the TTE Centre for Indian Arts on Gerrard St, Toronto
All of the above benefits